Thursday, April 18, 2013

To Tha Moon Alice... To Tha Moon!!!

Remember The Honeymooners?  I loved that show.  Everything was so basic and it was a no frills kind of show.  Jackie Gleason in the character of Ralph Kramden just cracks me up.  Alice was his wife and he used to tell her "To da moon Alice to da moon!"  I wish that comedy was still like that.  Clean and downright pants-wetting funny.  They don't make em like that anymore.



I just can't help but to think of the Honeymooners every time I say "The Moon."  I guess I am just crazy like that.  So... The Moon...  My mom and I talked about doing this for a while and finally, one day, we just did it.  I mean, life is short and I, for one, am not one for looking back and having regrets in life.  At least I tried, right?  So, one day, my mom and I just decided to get us a little 10x10 spot at The Blue Moon Antique Mall... which is not really an "antique" mall at all.  I mean, there are lots of antiques in this place, but it's mainly an indoor flea market with some really neat stuff in there for sale.  I have bought several things from there and the people there are really nice, so I figured, why not?


So there it is... The Blue Moon.  We call it "going to the Moon."  So, when I reference "The Moon" this is the place that I am talking about.  :-)  It's been some hard work, but fun work.  I have really enjoyed working with my mom on these projects, goin' junkin' on the weekends, and just spending some good quality mother/daughter time together.  We are both new to this whole refinishing, repurposing, reusing thing, but I have to say that there are SO MANY inspiring blogs and "how to's" out there on the web.  I have put a few of my favs over there on the right side of the page so you can check them out.  

My mom and I go to "The Moon" and do what we needed to get us a spot and they told us that we had to come up with a name. "A name???"  My mom and I just looked at each other.  We didn't think about that.  So, we are standing there throwing out ideas and we came up with "Simply MarValUs."  


Why MarValUs???  Well, My mom's name is Martha, my name is Valerie, together we are "us" and we make things just Simply MarValUs.  Lol!  We thought that it was catchy, and actually, quite genius!

So there it is.... Well, this was about a week ago so it looks kinda bare right now.  We are working on some kind of carpet to go down and we have more in there now.  Guess I need to update it.  ;-)  You get the gist though.
 photo Untitled-2.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment