Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Sad Little Ugly Dresser: Part 2

Just to recap what happened in part one, you can find the story here.

The next morning mama woke up with much soreness in her bones.  After all, there is a lot of manual labor involved in all that preppin' for paint.  But, the best thing to do in that kind of sore situation is just work it out.  So, off mama went to finish up with the transformation.  The day was sunny, bright, and warm.  Perfect for painting!  Once the base was finished, it was time for the drawers.  Mama painted the drawers along with the insides of the drawers.  Mama's OCD kicked in and couldn't "not" paint the inside of the drawers... She sure is glad she did!  They turned out great!

I actually really love the way that turned out.  I noticed that some people don't do the inside of the drawers, I can't stand that!  I feel like it's only 1/2 done!  I am glad that I opted to do that.  Looks better.
Now, mama was finally done with the sad little ugly dresser, and now it was time for the final touch... The knobs.  Mama had a picture in her head of what she wanted and it didn't matter where she had to go to get them, but they had to be those particular knobs...

I decided to paint it teal (because I just LOVE teal right now!) and I did the top black.  You can't even tell that the top was so messed up!  All that sanding really paid off!  Looks great!

My Mika likes it too... well, actually, she wouldn't move, so I went ahead and just snapped the pic.  The only thing missing now is the knobs!!!

Off to Hobby Lobby!  The fam decided that they wanted to come along, which was good.  We had a good time!  Well, except my son... he's always so serious!

Yeah, he's probably going to be mad when he sees that I put this pic on here... both my kids grew up in front of a camera.  They hate that I am a professional photographer because I always have a camera handy... they are totally sick of it, lol!  Oh well!  I say, get over it and move on with life!  As you can see, my daughter loves being goofy with the camera.  The only one missing is hubbs!  Yeah, well, He likes to hide from the camera, lol!
It was the only place that she hadn't been yet, and in retro-spec, this should have been the first and only place that she should have gone to.  FOUND EM'!  And they were JUST what she had envisioned.   Perfect!

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these knobs... and let me tell you, Hobby Lobby has GOBS AND GOBS OF KNOBS!!!!  I was impressed, seriously. 
By this time, it appeared that the hubbs, daughter, and son had started to change their minds about the sad little ugly dresser. Now hubbs, daughter, and son all wanted to keep the not-so-sad little ugly dresser.  They finally saw what mama was seein' that whole time!  Just because it's ugly to you, doesn't mean that you can't get a little creative and transform that ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!  Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah... didn't realize that this was such a crappy pic... (need a image stabilizer on my iphone!  Lol!  Rent-a-wreck!)  As you can see, we are still in the process of getting stuff in there.  I have some stuff to put up there on that peg board that I will be posting later on.  :-)  I had 4 people rubber-necking as I brought it in to the Moon and was putting the drawers in it.  I don't think that this one will last long at all.  ;-)  
So now it was time... although the fam wanted to now keep the beautiful new old dresser, it's fate had already been planned.  It was being transported to The Moon!  The Moon?  Yes, The Moon...   My mom and I have a little spot in a local indoor antique/flea market type place called The Blue Moon Antique Mall.  Our little 10x10 booth is named, "Simply MarValUs."  So, the awesome not-so-little dresser is now at it's new home, The Blue Moon, until someone falls in love with it and gives it a permanent home.  :-)  It's sturdy and well built, so it will last another 40 years, that's for sure!



So... if you are interested in it and are local (or surrounding area), you can find the revived sad little ugly dresser at:
The Blue Moon Antique Mall
3721 N. Navy Blvd.
Pensacola, Fl. 32507
Just ask for "MarVal's booth!"  They will be happy to show you the way.

Now... for the next project... hummm, what will it be this time?  Guess you will have to check back to see what dust has been blown off some old tired furniture that we have discovered!

 photo Untitled-2.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment