Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ribbon Lamp Shade Project

I finally finished it!  My ribbon lampshade!!!  I think that it is funky and turned out better than I expected.  I think that it's very chic!  I don't have a pic of the base before, (duh!) but I did manage to pull off a pic of the ugly shade that was on it before I started.

The one that was on my small lamp was almost like this one.  Mine did not have the design on the shade.
It took me about 3 days to do this, but it's not like I was all "dedicated" or anything when I was working on this.  I would watch the tele as I was working on it and just work on it here and there.  I need to make a trip to "The Moon" so, I decided that I needed to get that one.  After all, I think that it would look cute displayed on my not so sad ugly little dresser.  (Which I have not forgotten, the outcome will be revealed in the next day or so.)  In the meantime... Drum roll please.... lol!  Just kiddin'!

This is what the bare bones of the shade looked like once I cut, ripped, and struggled to get the shade off of it.
Uh yeah... not really sure what to say about this, but this was the part that took the longest... tying all these variations of ribbon onto the top of the shade ring.  I double tied them to make sure that it would stay together.
Duh!  I forgot to take a shot of the base before, oh well... it was beige and I sprayed it with a black semi-gloss with glitter mixed in with the paint.  I don't think that you can see the glitter in it though.  I put 3 coats on it because the paint really didn't want to stick to the base, even though I cleaned it good before I sprayed it.
All finished!  It's very cute!  If you are interested, it will be at The Moon tomorrow afternoon.  :-)
This was a fun little project.  I think that I could have finished it sooner, but that's okay.  My mom and I have been busy pickin' for some more projects that we are planning to start on next week to put up at The Moon!  I'll keep you posted!
 photo Untitled-2.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment