Saturday, April 27, 2013

Roman Numeral Clock Coffee Table

It's finally FINISHED!!!  It only took me a week to finally get it done, but here it is...  My clock coffee table!  We had our ups and downs during that week and the stenciling was a pain, but in the end it turned out just the way I imagined it would!  Mom and I took it up to The Blue Moon yesterday so that it would be there for the "weekend warriors" and hopefully it won't last long!  We only have a 10x10 space and we have more big furniture projects coming and these have got to go!  :-)

One thing that I did learn in the stenciling process is don't use the same paint you use on the furniture... which I did.  When I went to Hobby Lobby to get the stenciling stuff, they didn't have the stenciling paint color that I needed so I opted to use what I had (you know, beings that I am all frugal and stuff).  Well, don't do it.  The paint dried on my stencils, even though I put them in water after I used them until I could clean them.  Uh, yeah... didn't work out so well.  I am going to try some paint thinner on the stencils and see if I can get it off like that, but I have a feeling I will mess up my stencils.  Not a good thing.  (I will have to update this when I try and let you know what happens to my stencils.  Hopefully they won't melt or something disasterous happens).

I wanted to stencil around the design in the middle, "There is a time for everything" but at this point aggravation had set it and it wasn't fun anymore so  I decided to go with what I had.  I think that I will visit the Graphics Fairy next time.  :-)


 photo 0bddfabd-1427-4f73-866e-f78bf6b2d742.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment