Monday, April 1, 2013

Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint

I can't tell you how excited I was today when the doorbell rang and it was my local postman with my Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint!!!  I am so pumped to use it!  I have seen some furniture that has been painted with it and it just looks totally awesome!  If you don't know what the final product of milk paint looks like, it looks like this...

©Miss Mustard Seed, image found here.
As I was "surfin" on the net, I came across this awesome new blog called HollyDo.  She had tried out the paint that I just bought by Miss Mustard Seed and re did this cool looking piece of furniture and it turned out fabulous!  I just had to post it because I am so excited about trying this new kind of paint.  This is the piece that HollyDo did (does that even sound right, lol!)  I just LOVE that chippy look!
Isn't that just amazing?  I love the look that the milk paint gives.  It's spotty and crackled and just looks really old. I can't wait to try it out my first piece! 

Click here to visit Holly's blog for more!
All pics are ©HollyDo.blogspot.com
I have an idea of what I want to paint, but it is a little expensive, so I want to make sure that I don't waste it.  Here are some of the colors that they have available.  

By no means am I some kind of rep or getting paid to promote this or anything.  I just discovered this really cool paint and wanted to share it with you.  You can find Miss Mustard Seed's paint here or look to the right of my page and there is a button that you can click to get to the order site.  I will be posting my project very soon!!!  I am so PUMPED!!!  :-)

 photo Untitled-2.gif

2 comments:

  1. Val, thanks so much for the link up of my blog and pictures. Good luck with the milk paint it is a fun paint to use. I did at least 3 coats on the piece and when it dried it came out all chippy and perfect! I hope to try more colors as I find the right pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holly! I will take your advice on the milk paint for sure. I have a specific table that I want to try it out on for my first piece. My mom and I just finished a weekend of "pickin" so we are prepping everything for paint now! I will let you know how it comes out. :-) I am so excited to just paint something!!! Lol! I am not used to doing the before pics, so I am trying to get in the habit of just snapping a quickie of the before piece. It truly makes you appreciate the finished piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete