Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Simply MarValUs Bows

As I am waiting for the last coat of sealer on the sad little ugly dresser (will be finished tomorrow!) I was gathering together some of my craft stuff together and came across some barrette supplies that I never made from Christmas!!!
Ribbon scraps and barrettes that I discovered. 
So... I decided to sit down with the supplies and make some hair bows.  After about 3 hours of playing with lots of ribbon, glue, thread and needle, I ended up with 6 beautiful bows!

I actually made 2 of the blue ones but daughter walked in and really loved the blue ones so I gave her one. :-) 
I plan on putting these on display for sale in a shop that my mom and I run together called "Simply MarValUs." 
I think that they all turned out very nice!  This next photo is not something that I have crafted yet, but it is on the agenda for tomorrow beings the weather is calling for a mid-week frog strangler!  I thought that I would post the inspiration for my hair bow holder.  :-)  
Can't remember where I found this, but I am sure that it's something that I came across on google somewhere during a search. Just know that it's not mine. :-) 
It won't be exactly like this.  The frame that I scored for $1 is more decorative than this one, I think it might be bigger, and I am going to be trying out my new Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint on this project.!!!  I guess the painting is on hold right now though because of the "mid-week frog-strangler" that is supposed to be happening for the next 2 days.  :-(  It's alright though!  Just gives me a chance to work on some of the smaller projects that I have on my list for our little "boutique."  As always, keep on craftin'!
 photo Untitled-2.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment