Sunday, April 21, 2013

Paris Inspired Bulletin Board

I am so bad about taking pics before I touch anything... I am trying to remember to do this, but sometimes, it doesn't always happen... I scored this frame for only $1 at a yard sale.  It was a gaudy gold, but I sanded it down and cleaned it up and then sprayed it with white spray paint.  Then I took an "oops" pink that I got from my local Lowe's (which is a great place to get mis-tinted paint for a great price), and painted over the white.  Then, before it dried, I took a wet sponge and wiped off some of the pink to get this look...

Then I went to Hobby Lobby and found this perfect Paris fabric for it.  I decided on doing a bulletin board.  I already had the cork board left over from a previous project that I did for my daughter's room, so I went with it.  I had to go buy foam board from my local Walmart and then measured the opening of the frame, cut the foam board that size and then glued the cork board onto the foam board.  Used carpet tape which works PERFECT for little projects like this!  I then took the fabric, measured it to where I had about 1.5" on each side and then pulled it tightly to attach to the back.  After attaching the fabric, I attached the little clips that hold it in place, which it fit so tightly I really didn't need to, but I decided to go with it anyways.  I covered the back with kraft paper and attached with double sided tape and then placed the hanger on the back so it can hang on the wall... Voila!  This is the final look of my "Paris inspired" bulletin board.

So, that's it!  I should have taken more pics, but like I said, I am new to this whole thing and just need to get in the habit of doing that.  Sorry... if you have any questions though, just ask!  I will do my best to help you out as much as I can.  It's pretty simple though.  I have to make a couple more of these so I promise, next time, I will do the step by step for ya.  Until then, keep on craftin'!

 photo 7b1974b1-4595-40e0-80ee-b863edca346d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment