Sunday, July 16, 2017

Whimsical Little Drawers

Found this little gem on a virtual yard sale site that I use called Varage Sale.  I spent a little more than I wanted to spend on it, but I am keeping it in my art room for small stuff that I don't want to lose, so I figured that paying a little more for something I want was okay.

The lady I got it from just thought that the knobs were totally the selling point.  I didn't see it that way.  Reminds me of the Saints and I am a ROLL TIDE fan, so you know those had to go.




So there it is... all nice and plain.  You know me!  I don't do plain so I had to put my own "flair" on it!


I started out with the drawers.  I removed the knobs, gave the entire piece a good scrubbing and then started painting!  I didn't really have anything specific in mind, I just did whatever came to me when I got to that drawer.


Then came the sides... I was just going to go with the streaky blended look but after I got it on there, I felt that it needed more.  So, I ended up with wildflowers on the sides.


I didn't want this one exactly like the other side, so I made it look like it was blowing in the wind.


Gotta have a little sunshine right?


I added the great knobs (remember the awesome deal on the ceramic knobs?  Yup, still have more!)


And here's the final product!  When I posted this on social media I had so many people wanted to buy it... sorry guys, not for sale.  I like it.  And it's perfect for all my small brushes and left over knobs that I have when I redo projects.  :)  Elbow grease, acrylic paint, and my favorite polycrylic sealer is all I used on this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment