Sunday, July 16, 2017

Grandma's Old Rocker Redo

Meet Grandma's rocking chair.  Many of us grandkids were rocked in this and my mama gave it to me a while back.  It usually sat with clothes on it, collecting dust, but then... yes, then... I was gonna be a grandma!  I actually redid this back when I did the white dresser redo, so that was around Nov. 2014.  It was just before our little Toogster came into the world.  All I knew was that I wanted to redo it, brighten it up and make it pretty.



I started with a white base and thought about it for a while...


Decided I wanted to do a distressed look on it, so I went that route.  I thought I was done, but it was just too plain for me... so...


I love Cherry Blossoms, so I decided to do that!  I always get nervous when I free hand any artwork, plus it was white and I didn't want to mess up, but I think that it turned out great!


Very simple and I loved it.  But the more I looked at it, I thought it needed more distressing.


And so I did... 


Not too much, but it was just enough.  I like it and it looked great in the nursery.  So I sealed it with my favorite Polycrylic and boom!  Done!  Now she has her own room in our house and it looks just as great in there!  


No comments:

Post a Comment