Sunday, July 16, 2017

Toogie's Toy Cage

Pinterest strikes again!  Yes... my daughter sent this pic to me and said, "Think dad can make this for Toogs?"  I showed it to the hubby and he said it looked simple enough, so off we went!  He went to the hardware store and picked up what he thought we needed and I started searching the web for some painting inspiration!  I couldn't just do anything plain!  That's just not me... I always have to add my flair!  Lol!  Found this great chair for my painting inspiration!

  


It wasn't really that hard to do... and I can't even remember exactly how many of these we got, but I think it was a couple of 2x4's and a couple of 1x1s to make the box.  We had a few pallets that he tore apart and attached to the bottom as well.



It was too big to really "hide" from her, so she decided she wanted to help too.  It's okay, she's little.   She didn't know what it was, only that we were messing with it.  It took us couple weeks to get it completely done but it turned out great!


 I was so nervous doing this, but I always am when I am free handing anything.


We were going to use bungee cords, but have you seen how much those things are?  For as many as we needed, we ended up using Marine Cord.  It stretches like bungee cord and we could buy it much cheaper than bungee cords and we paid per foot.  I think that the total cost for this project was about $30.  I had all the painting stuff, so that was for the lumber, the hooks to attached the cord to and the cord.  Not too bad for a first timer!  It's super sturdy too!



I love the paint scheme!  And Toogs loved it!  She actually gets in it sometimes and piles the stuffed animals on top of herself!  

Project date: Dec 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment