Monday, April 15, 2019

Blanket Ladder

Hubby built me a blanket ladder and for weeks I tried to figure out what to do with it.  So I decided that I would use this new product I discovered called Unicorn Spit.  Raw wood is what I started with.  I sanded everything all smooth and then wiped it down really good to get rid of the dust and let it dry out completely.



Then I took a little of the Unicorn Spit (US) and watered it down like watercolor paint.  Then I just kinda slapped it on there and used my fingers to smooth it all out.


It ended up looking like this.  Kinda rainbow colors.  I liked it and I thought it was pretty but just a little bright for my living room.  So... 


I grabbed some stain and just lightly rubbed it on there with a paper towel right over the colors.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I really like it!


It muted the colors.  I actually had to take it outside to be able to see the US under the stain.


It's there but not there.


Isn't that beautiful!  I love how that turned out!  I sealed it with polycrylic and used 2 coats and let it dry for about a week.


It looks like a stained blanket ladder when in the house... until you open the curtains, then you can see the colors underneath.  I love it!  I will be using this technique with more items!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment