Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Homecoming Top Hat

So, my daughter didn't want an updo for homecoming and asked me for something to "decorate" her hair without having to put it up.  So, I got the idea that it would be cute to have a little hat on her head.  I could have probably made 10 of these things with everything that I bought to make this one hat, but we do anything for our little princesses, right?  So... the day before homecoming, I broke out the glue gun and all the stuff purchased from Hobby Lobby and started making her a little hat.
Here is what you will need:
Ribbon
Flower
Feather
Beads or something similar for that "bling" factor
Doll hat
Headband
Hot glue gun

I used a strip of beads that were made like ribbon and wrapped it around the hat, hot gluing it about every inch to make sure it was secure.  (Excuse the gross looking thumb, that was incident that happened on a previous project...)

After wrapping the beadwork around the hat I glued the flowers in place.  You can use ribbon or anything else you want to glue on the hat.  Make it your own!
After gluing the flowers on there, I glued a pretty diamond like pendant in the center of the flower to give it a little more bling.  She wanted it off center so after the hat was all done, I glued it off center for her.  And that's it!  Easy peasy lemon squeezy!  You can use just about anything you want to make this adorable hat, I just had to get things that matched her dress, which turned out great!  Here's my Bella ready for the ball!
Share your photo if you have done something similar!  I would love to see what you create!!!

 photo Untitled-2-1.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment